Saturday, April 12, 2008

one of these days

Written a few months before our wedding, I presented this composition to Irvin on our 91st month together...

One of these days, I will marry him and we will share more jokes, more sweet nothings, more laughter, more tears, more arguments, more nonstop talking and more dreams.

I will make him watch jologs movies and will find him sleeping next to me. I will pinch his nose to wake him up and ask him to accompany me to the bathroom because I am afraid of the dark. He will make me watch The Beatles concerts and will find me snoring faintly next to him. He will tickle me and joke about my snoring.

I will not be able to sleep so I will ask him to scratch my back or get me a glass of water at the middle of the night He will be tired of paperworks or a basketball game so he will ask for a massage until he falls asleep.

I will be coughing hysterically at night and he will be rubbing my back. He will be having stomachache and I will be serving him meals in bed. We will take the other to the doctor for checkup.

I will be reading books while he watches basketball games. I will be preparing food while he washes and polishes his bike. We will watch DVDs we have already viewed many times before, reruns of television shows and National Geographic.

One of these days, I will occasionally take a leave from work to bring him food during lunch break. He will pick me up from work at night. We will text each other if we have eaten lunch. We will talk and joke about work and colleagues and office stuff.

I will learn to cook during weekends and he will judge my recipe. We will do household chores while watching a basketball game or showbiz talk show, depending on who has the remote control. We will enjoy wiping each other’s perspirations and drinking ice cold soda together.

We will visit our parents for some chit-chats and do errands for them. We will play with our nieces and nephews and amuse them with funny facial expressions. We will cuddle our pets.

We will go out-of-town sometimes. We will take pleasure in building sand castles or just walking along the shore during sunset. We will sit by the shore at night with coffee cups in our hands, we will hold hands and talk. At sunrise, we will enjoy the sea. I will urge him to swim while I watch him. He will teach me to swim and to float in the water. We will love the sea, the sand and the sun. We will take pictures with them.

We will share financial issues and save for the future. I will constantly think of money matters while he tells me not to be bothered by such things.

We will sing our songs with glow in our eyes. I will amplify the volume when our favorite song comes in the radio and he will wink at me. We will sing together and dance with each other.

We will still quarrel about petty things. I will get mad in a childish mode and hold my pride. He will talk to me and break my wall. I will shut my mouth while he carefully chooses his words. At the end of the day, we will laugh, kiss and makeup.

We will passionately make love and one day, I will bear his child. He will be the most supportive soon-to-be-father during my nine-month pregnancy. I will look at myself with disappointment while he assures that I still am the most beautiful woman. We will buy baby stuffs and collect some usable items from our nieces and nephews. We will brainstorm for a baby name. We will do a research to keep the baby in my tummy healthy. I will endure the labor and his eyes will encourage me that I can do it. We will become good parents, and even grandparents.

We will grow old loving each other, earning due respect and honesty for one another.

One of these days, I will wake up to the finest sight in the world…a man who rides his bike outdoors and takes care of me when he is home. I will watch him sleep like a child and breathe under the covers. His eyes will grace my mornings and his dimple will bring a smile on my face, making me feel blessed more than any woman in this world.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com