Thursday, July 16, 2009

of truths, promises and dreams

Today is different.

I woke up to the sound of rain pounding hard against the roof. I am tempted to go back to sleep, but I thought of the pile of work that is sitting at my desk. Nah, I can't take a leave today.

I usually sleep while travelling, but for some reason, my mind is too distracted to doze off. Many times I tried to close my eyes, only to find myself staring outside, watching other vehicles pass by, hearing the rain knock on the window. I asked myself, how do I distract myself from distractions?

Many thoughts run through my mind and from these pieces, I learned one truth. The kind of truth that sits in your mind for like, forever, and you don't mind it because you think it is not important or because you just don't want to. And time will remind you that someday soon, you will need to face that truth, accept it with an open heart and rule out regrets and what-could-have-been's. That someday soon, for me, is today.

As I fight back the tears, I reminded myself that some promises are made to be broken no matter how significant they are and some dreams are meant to be neglected no matter how big they are.

Dark clouds loom above, the rain is not going to stop anytime soon.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com