Friday, May 21, 2010

happy birthday to me!

It's not that I don't feel appreciative for the rest of the year, but for me, birthdays are exceptional times to be extra-grateful for the blessings I have received for the past year.

Last year, I prayed that I wish to be pregnant when I turn 28. And here I am, with my enormous pregnant belly (and with all the perks and discomforts of being on-the-way) at 34 weeks and 5 days. Thank you, God.

For my ever loving family, who never ceased to care for me despite of my twofold personality; for my ever supportive in-laws, who accepted me (or at least that's what I think haha!) despite of my lack of domestic skills; for my wonderful friends, who still laughed at my jokes; for my comical colleagues, who made every closing season an enjoyable event; and for my career, which somewhat provides me a sense of financial security...thank you, God.

For the kind souls who greeted me on my special day (and to those with side wishes for my safe delivery), I thank God because they made me feel that I am not forgotten: (via text) JJ, Agnes, Mavel, Dinay, Leng, Ninong Ento, Arvie, Jen Joyce, Debbie and Ivy; (via email) AMASE, Fellie, Josette, Lily, Karen, Melody and my team; (via Communicator) Matt, Des, Bell, Lems, Russ, Karlo, Grace and Majo; (via Facebook) Sarah, Leng, Paula, Jen Joyce, Monica, Bev, Majo, Ms. Cherie, Iana, Ivan, Marie, Weng, Rose, Karen, Mayeth, Badjut, Mark, Joyce, Arjay, Lani, Megs, Rolando, Rhein, Ate Jo, Riyo, Aliza, Shey, Thess, Sheila, Sherry May, Tetes, April, Rio and Ai, Jhoy, Abbie, Dane, Tintin, Ate Kath, Ate Cherry, Ayinne, Ate Lois, Berna, Ate Sarah, Jase, Sol, Ma'am Matek, Ma'am Pin, Kuya Art, Ate Alyn, Ate Chichi, Ate Sherill, Eunice, Arianne, Ate May, Ate My, Achie, Edna, Ivy and Ate, whom I miss so much.

And for 10 years now, God has blessed me with an amazing someone who laughs and cries with me, and who showers me with so much love I could drown yet keeps my head afloat so I can breath and live. Thank you, God, for giving me someone as patient and as understanding as Irvin, who would fetch me from my workplace even if I can go home myself, whom I can wake up in the middle of the night just to massage my crampy legs even if I can do it myself, and whom I can rouse in the early morning to help me stand up even if I manage to get on my feet by myself just by exerting a little effort.

And to Remus Eian, my little Irvin, you are one of God's biggest (and cutest) blessing to me. I know that I will never be a perfect parent, but I will try to be one. See you very soon!

caleruega. may 24, 2010

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com