Sunday, February 22, 2009

experiencing the boutique

Apologies for the delay. This post has been seating in my drafts for more than a month now. Whew!

If my memory serves me correctly, I stumbled upon The Boutique when an officemate mentioned this. She is particularly interested in this place, and the fact that you get to choose your shampoo, conditioner and soap, and your pillows too! I got curious, did my own research and showed The Boutique's website to Irvin. It caught his attention, really, to the point that he offered me an overnight stay at this place as a gift.


I made the reservation some two weeks before our target date. We were not able to get the I Love room because it was already reserved. Actually, all other rooms are almost fully booked for the long holidays and the remaining available rooms are either the cheapest (I Escape) or the most expensive (I Lust) rooms. I called them, like six times that day, to ask what are the available rooms on a particular date. Until we settled for December 23, the I Escape room. We made the downpayment the day after. This is it.



Prior to December 23, I made a research about this place. Some people claim it is a good place to stay while others would contradict. So we just said, it is for us to know.



The weather on December 23 is not so fine, it has been raining since the night before and there were still occasional shower that day.



We arrived there at around 3 PM, talked to the desk officer and paid the remaining balance. The desk officer and the assistants were accomodating and friendly, they briefed us about their "pamper me" line and the schedule for the facial massage. After the briefing, we were accompanied to their "pamper me" line where we chose our soap, lotion, shampoo and conditioner (The "pamper me" basket includes a complete set of basic toiletries.). And we were accompanied to our room where the assistant briefed us about the next morning's breakfast. Then, picturetaking!



Well, the room is small (actually, the whole place is small) but comfy. The pillows are just okay, we did not bother to change anything although we can request for additional or less pillows. There was a note from the owners, just the usual welcome note. Fruits, bottled water and iced tea were offered as welcome drinks. Wi-Fi, ventilation, towels - okay. Generally, clean. One major loophole - the pirated DVDs :P



We just watched DVDs and relaxed. Braving the rain, we ate our dinner at RSM, a resto just a few meters away from The Boutique. Uber yummy!
Fruits and hot chocolate were served (well, a little late) for the nightcap.
We enjoyed our American and Hawaiian breakfast the next morning. Uber yummy again! Just watched TV, DVD the whole morning. Then it's time to prepare to leave, we took a shower then packed up. We had lunch at Hawaiian BBQ (you guessed it, yummy ulit!).



Haaaay, this is the life.

1 comments:

♥ mommy author ♥ said...

masarap ang hawaiin bbq! bkit wala kang picture sa uber big chair nila?! hehehehe

 
Template by suckmylolly.com