Sunday, February 22, 2009

positive!

5 AM, February 10, Tuesday. I am set for my fifth try on the home pregnancy kit. Am already a week delayed and I have already used four pregnancy kits, two of which are invalid (no lines, not indicating positive nor negative) and the other two have very faint positive lines.

Irvin says I am just denying the fact. But I just got to be sure.

Waiting for the result has been painful for me for the last 4 tests, I even cried. Why can't this damn thing just say what's the result, in plain black and white?

After two restless minutes, the two purple lines that will change my life appeared. (The other one still appears lighter than the other.)

Irvin woke up, asked about the test, kissed my tummy and smiled. Me? I took a bath, looked at the kit again. I was afraid that one line would magically disappear. It did not.

Positive…well, it's such a positive word.

Timeline

Although I still am unsure of the result (because one line appears lighter than the other), I have already let other people know my condition. I just don't want to be announcing it to the whole world before I get my first prenatal check-up.

February 4. Already two days delayed, thinking of taking a pregnancy test. Although I have already researched about this, I still asked my officemate, Dona, and Ate regarding taking the pregnancy test. First hand information is the best.

February 5. First take. Invalid. Tsk. Ate is eager to know the result, but sorry, no result yet.

February 6. Second take. Two faint, broken lines. Aaargh! Ate is still excited.

February 7. Third take. Invalid. Again. I wonder why can't it just tell if I am pregnant or not. I cried, Irvin wiped my tears (I really love this guy!). I told Nanay and she was excited, too. Irvin told Nana (my mother-in-law), with Bryann overhearing the story, about my condition. That night, Irvin told his best buddies - his brother Enald and cousins McLee and Lito - about it. I also consulted with my doctor-friend Ivy via text.

February 8. Fourth take. Weak positive. Two faint lines, although the other is darker. A glimpse of hope shone upon me. Nanay, though half-asleep, eagerly asked me about the result while blocking off Tatay. She wants Tatay to know the result when we are 100% sure of the result. I texted Irvin. His reply: Strong positive na 'yan.

February 9. No test today. Getting tired of waiting for the result. I asked my colleague Des about the testing, she suggested I take another and have a check-up with an OB. The clumsy me slipped right outside the RCBC building, it was a hard fall and I was stunned, thinking some blood would trickle down my legs just like what I see in the movies. I thank Karen, a Chevron colleague whom I do not know personally, for helping me get up and for accompanying me up to the shuttle terminal. Nanay told my Tatay about my suspected pregnancy. Irvin told his officemates, including our ninong and ninang Kuya Ento and Ate Joy.

February 10. Fifth take. Positive. Two visible lines, although one line is still lighter than the other. Told my Nanay and Tatay. Told my team leader Cherie and my Chevron friends JJ, Grace and Marie (by accident :P). I asked them not to spread the news yet, not until I get my first check-up. Told my highschool buddy Ivy and my nonbiological sister-in-law (and our cupid) Paula.

February 11. Told my AMASE-ing friends about my pregnancy.

February 14. Supposed to visit a doctor for a check-up, backed out because I just don't want the "feel" of hospital's ambiance.

February 15. My first prenatal check up with Dra. Jamir. Well, I asked the normal questions any first-time mothers would ask - my due date, foods to take and avoid, exercise. She checked my thyroid and my tummy, everything seems okay, she said. Discussed about my kidney stones. And then, spread the good news! I texted Ate, my highschool friends and Ate Lois.

In the next couple of days, we told our friends and families - my highschool friend Aileen, my college friends Debbie and Berna, our ninong and ninang Ate My and Kuya Art, my ex-SGV colleagues Jelly, Nico and Lorna, my ex-Chevron colleagues Sansu, Anne and Ching, my GL1 teammates, other Chevron colleagues slash friends Dona, Karlo, Russ, Debbie and Liza, Sheila and Aimee, Josette May and Anna, my boss in SG Matt, my overseas friends except for Geh - Geh, Nonoy, John and Leli, my li'l sis Joyce.

Thanks to those who congratulated us and sent their warm wishes. (To be continued...)

1 comments:

lelila said...

uy elay congrats!!!!!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com