Sunday, December 7, 2008

the weekend that was nov 22-25: overdue

Friday night. Still got a lot of work to do so inspite of me taking a beauty rest and to prepare for tomorrow's team bonding, I was at my workstation, formatting Excel worksheets, answering emails, posting journal entries until 2 AM.


Saturday. With 3 hours of sleep, I woke up at around 6:30 for our team bonding in Tagaytay Highlands. Irvin will drive me direct to the site so I won't have to wake up earlier just to catch up with my teammates. We enjoyed the Eraserhead Reunion Concert CD and McDonald's breakfast on our way, and of course, the scenery, the cold air, the fog.

My teammates were already waiting for me (it's Marie's fault haha!). As soon as I set my feet off the car, picturetaking agad and then we started to navigate the place. I'm not new to Tagaytay, it's like my nth time this year but I still enjoy the cold air and the greenish surroundings and the picturetaking opportunities.

We enjoyed the ride at the cable car (it's not as scary as I have experienced in Singapore where my knees and hands are awfully shaking) and the photo opps at various parts of Tagaytay Highlands. We had lunch at the Country Club (this we did not enjoy, harhar!), then my officemates tried the Go Kart (and I tried not to laugh with their bloopers but I just can't). Our last stop is the mini zoo, where I had fun posing with different birds (parrots to be specific) around me.

We had our last of Tagaytay team bonding moments at Starbucks. Well, for me, it's the last of my happy moments for the day.
JJ and I returned to the office to party and enjoy the night! Yahoo! Hahaha, joke! Sadly, we had to work that night. Yes. Working at Saturday night. Right after the team bonding. And we went home at around 5 AM of Sunday.

Sunday. I woke up at 10:30 AM, I still have to work to meet the deadline at 5 PM. I failed to meet the deadline but managed to finish at around 11 PM that night. I cried a lot of times today - when the connection seem to fail and when I realized that I was not able to go to mass because of this GL validation (and because this could have been prevented only if…haaay…) and when Nanay talked to me on the phone and when Tatay talked to Irvin on the phone and when I finally got tired of all this against-work-life-balance crap and when Irvin held me in his arms. :(

I took a much needed 2-day leave. Although it seemed like I did not take a leave because I still work at home, checking emails and receiving work-related messages and calls, I still appreciated the time that I had with the people I miss most - Irvin and my parents. Also, I got to shop for my Ate!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com