Tuesday, May 19, 2009

the weekend that was may 1-3: overdue

An extraordinary weekend (for me, at least).

Friday, Labor Day. Went to MOA with Agnes, dined at Congo Grill (we did not enjoy the sisig, but the pancit habhab is great!). Watched Wolverine and liked it! Hmmm, not liked it, loved it! So much! Hugh Jackman is sooooo hot (Agent Zero and Deadpool are runner-ups!).


Saturday. I never expected that this day would be the day I would have to prove my courage :) We left Tanza at around 4 PM to go to Tagaytay (Nana and Bryann backed out…sad). What I had in mind: food! Them: adventure! We waited for Enald's gf, Hazel, at Robinson's Dasma. The zipline and cable car closes at 6 PM so we (I mean, they…) hurried up to try this out.

Had some photo opps before I lose myself in that line.


And then, there it is. (Well, if you know me, you would know I would think about riding this seventy-seven times seven times.)

Tagaytay Ridge Zipline and Cable Car is a thrilling (more like scary to me) 250 meter ride, 300 feet off the ground. When they saw it, they were all excited, except me, of course (but I know how to act as if I am excited). They were like children seeing a carousel for the first time. Me? I was like a child caught with a stolen cookie on hand. The next thing I knew, they were already buying tickets for the ride (See? I made them believe I was excited also. If only they knew...).

With palms sweating and knees shaking, we climb the stairs to the starting point. Irvin was first to be set with the safety harness. Sensing how afraid I am, he requested that we be seated instead of lying on our stomach. But the manong said, "E sir, baka po hindi kayanin…huwag po kayong magtataka kapag biglang tumigil sa gitna…" He was saying this while throwing a sideway look at me, hmph! I agreed to lie on my stomach, I told myself, it's just as if I'm flying (only I don't have wings and I am 300 feet up). I put on the harness and the manongs lifted my feet. Sigh. (I think I heard a voice telling me, "Conquer your fear, gagah!")

Me (trembling voice): Irvin…ayoko na yata…
Irvin: Hindeee…kaya mo 'yan!
Manong: Ma'm wala na po kayong magagawa, nakataas na po ang paa nyo…

You know, Manong, you are so customer friendly. The next time I go there, I will hunt you down.

The ride was exhilarating but I enjoyed it nevertheless, especially the cool Tagaytay breeze hitting my face. (Photos to follow...)

We ate at Mushroomburger and talked about the zipline experience. We played at Mushroomburger's playplace, Irvin and I were on the see-saw. Super enjoy! Then, Starbzzz!

Irvin and I went to UMC (that was around 11 PM) to visit Sarah's mom. Sarah came home from Guam when she learned that her mom suffered from a mild stroke. Good thing, her mom's already out of danger. We'll just meet up some other time to catch up with the chikas.

Great, great day!

Sunday. Went to SM's 3-Day Amazing Sale! The Estacion brothers bought floorstander speakers (hope I got it right). We ate at Countryside in Covelandia, yummo!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com