Sunday, May 31, 2009

the weekend that was may 23-24: overdue

Saturday. Super hot ang weekend na ito, as in! Watched TV and read Cosmo and Yes! mags lang.
Sunday. Watched Fireproof (I stumbled upon this movie in my SIL's status in Facebook, she recommends it to every couple). Irvin was playing PSP but he joined me in watching the movie later. We both enjoyed it and the lessons that the movie imparts to its audience. Among my favorite lines are:

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Caleb Holt: Marriage isn't fireproof.
Michael Simmons: Fireproof doesn't mean the fire will never come. It means when the fire comes that you will be able to withstand it.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

John Holt: Has she thanked you for anything you've done the last 20 days?
Caleb Holt: No! And you'd think after I washed the car, I've changed the oil, do the dishes, cleaned the house, that she would try to show me a little bit of gratitude. But she doesn't! In fact, when I come home, she makes me like I'm...like I'm an enemy! I'm not even welcome in my own home, Dad. That is what really ticks me off! Dad, for the last three weeks, I have bent over backwards for her. I have tried to demonstrate that I still care about this relationship. I bought her flowers, which she threw away. I have taken her insults and her sarcasm, but last night was it. I made dinner for her. I did everything I could to demonstrate that I care about her, to show value for her, and she spat in my face! She does not deserve this, Dad. I'm not doing it anymore! How am I supposed to show love to somebody over and over and over who constantly rejects me?
John Holt (leaning against the cross): That's a good question.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

The movie is heartwarming and inspirational. Highly recommended for couples.

We went home to Tanza, had a chat with his cousins and grandmother. Watched Transformers (which I was not able to finish due to sleepiness) and the wedding special of Juday and Ryan.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com