Monday, February 22, 2010

happiness

Isn't it hard to write when you have nothing but happiness and contentment in your heart? Sometimes I feel like that, I simply can't write anything melodramatic or significant.

But I realized, I need not face dilemmas nor become brokenheared in order to write something sensible. Can I write about happiness? Of course.

I am not a perfect person. Right now, I am happy and satisfied with my life but that doesn't mean I don't get angry or sad or confused. Most of the times, I do, but I let it pass. It is one of the finest lessons I learned from Morrie Schwartz (in Mitch Albom's Tuesdays with Morrie). You let the negative feelings flow in you, experience it, embrace it. And then you let it go.

That is the most rational thing to do, isn't it? But I am telling you, many people would dwell on it, make those negative feelings eat them up.

I am not an expert on happiness and I would have to say I still have tons of lessons to learn about life. I live a very simple life. I hear other people's stories and I would say, "Why haven't I experienced that?" I give advice based on what I read or on other people's experience. And I just take every challenge as a chance to experiment.

Of the few things I know, I am delighted that one of them is counting my blessings. This, most probably, is the key to the radiating happiness I feel.

A cozy weather. A good book. Morning sunshine. Health. A safe ride to and from work. Crazy colleagues. Thoughtful friends. Pay day. A stable job. Food. Kids' smiles. Greetings from my sister. A text message from the husband. A phone call from my parents.

"You have put gladness in my heart, more than in the season that their grain and wine increased." - Psalm 4:7


~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~

I've written this article two years ago, can't remember why I forgot to post it :)

Happy Monday everyone!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com