Friday, January 9, 2009

happy 2009!

I must admit, with every new year is a mental list of to-do's and not-to-do's, to-start, to-continue and to-stop for the year ahead. From small promises such as stopping nailbiting to life-changing decisions such as applying for a job abroad. Yes, I think about those stuff right after eating a hearty media noche. Stressful? Quite. Why? Because looking back, I find myself disappointed with last year's outcome, but here I am again, making another set of tasks and goals and vows for the year ahead.

Disappointment comes not with unrealistic goals, I don't aim for such in the first place, but with forgotten aspirations, unfinished tasks and undecided matters. For this year, I would like to bind myself to sensible and simple objectives. But this time, with a hint of acceptance that there are things which are beyond my control and that there is someone who makes bigger plans for me than what I have for myself.

Family. Dedicate my weekends to my parents and to chatting with Ate. Spend more out-of-town bonding moments with Nanay and Tatay, if possible. Call them always so I won't miss them much and they won't miss me much. Additional financial assistance.
Irvin. More quality time. We love days when we just stare at each other, joke around, laugh together, reminisce the good old days and hug-and-kiss nonstop and I hope I can spend more days like that. Accept that there are days when I just have to miss him.
Future family. Avoid working too much so I can find time to relax. Try and try until we succeed :)
Friendship. Find time to meet up with my long lost friends.
Career. Work hard. Stop procrastinating. Avoid overtimes and working on weekends, as much as possible, for a work-life balance.
Finances. Less dining out, it eats a lot of my budget. Be practical and spend wisely. Think of ways to earn extra income (hmmm…prostitution kaya? :P).
Hobbies and habits. Stop nailbiting. Drink plenty of water. Eat healthy and eat less (sige nga!). Read more. Learn to cook (uy, asa pa!).
Long-term plans. To go or not to go? Decide and act on it!
Dreams. Car? Sana. Travels? Bohol or Palawan or Hongkong, I hope. But these would still depend on my long-term plans.
Self. I already am a happy person, so I just have to retain that. Know priorities and manage time well. Be more sensitive, mature and rational. Be less selfish and proud. Do charitable deeds whenever there is a chance.
God. Spend more time with Him. Make up for those times I have taken Him for granted. Always be grateful for all the blessings. Remember that God gives out 'tests' in the form of obstacles and problems which can be passed only with genuine faith in Him. Acknowledge that all good things come from Him and that everything happens for a reason.

And I am wishing everyone a blessed year ahead. God is good all the time!

God has a perfect plan for our lives, organized in detail before the world begun. It is His responsibility to reveal it to us, but He never does that all at once, just step by step because He wants to teach us to walk by faith, not by sight. - unknown

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com