Sunday, January 25, 2009

million dollar baby

I just watched (for 4th or 5th time) one of my favorite movies, Million Dollar Baby. And once again, I cried. This movie is real good in making me cry.

Just want to share my favorite lines...

Mr. Scrap: If there's magic in boxing, it's the magic of fighting battles beyond endurance, beyond cracked ribs, ruptured kidneys and detached retinas. It's the magic of risking everything for a dream that nobody sees but you.

~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~

Mr. Scrap: Frankie likes to say that boxing is an unnatural act, that everything in boxing is backwards: sometimes the best way to deliver a punch is to step back... But step back too far and you ain't fighting at all.

~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~

Frankie: [to Maggie] All right. I'm gonna disconnect your air machine, then you're gonna go to sleep. Then I'll give you a shot, and you'll... stay asleep. Mo cuishle means "My darling, my blood."

~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~

Maggie: I can't be like this, Frankie. Not after what I've done. I've seen the world. People chanted my name. Well, not my name, some damn name you gave me. They were chanting for me. I was in magazines. You think I ever dreamed that'd happen? I was born two pounds, one-and-a-half ounces. Daddy used to tell me I'd fight my way into this world, and I'd fight my way out. That's all I wanna do, Frankie. I just don't wanna fight you to do it. I got what I needed. I got it all. Don't let 'em keep taking it away from me. Don't let me lie here 'till I can't hear those people chanting no more.

~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~


Mr. Scrap: Maggie walked through that door with nothing buts guts. No chance in the world of being what she needed to be. It was because of you that she was fighting the championship of the world. You did that. People die everyday, Frankie - mopping floors, washing dishes and you know what their last thought is? I never got my shot. Because of you Maggie got her shot. If she dies today you know what her last thought would be? I think I did all right.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com