Tuesday, October 21, 2008

the weekend that was oct 18-19

With 4 hours of sleep, I woke up at around 6 of Saturday (I left the office at around 12 MN, and as usual, Irvin picked me up). I needed to be up early so I can join Nanay in going to Naic for the final rites for Mama Jun. It was sort of a reunion for me, I met my balikbayan cousin Dixon for the first time. We had a nice lunch. It's sad, not all of my cousins were there. We were home by around 2:30 PM.

The weather has been fine lately, and today it's actually super hot. While Nanay and Tatay are taking a nap, I read my newly bought Pugad Baboy XX. I just bought it yesterday (thanks to Marie for lending me money hehe). I was actually reading it that morning, around 2 AM, but since Irvin cannot sleep with the lights on and with me laughing silently beside him so I just had to put the reading on hold (hmph! :P).

Irvin picked me up at around 5 PM, we'll be going to SM for the 2nd of their 3-day sale. What did we get? A pair of shoes from Celine and Irvin got 3 new pants (1 is for Bryann…sembreak gift…hehehe). Irvin and I had dinner at Malen's. Irvin has been bugging me with this Malen's thing for some time now, he misses the Roast Beef platter. Ate introduced Malen's to us, a restaurant serving both Pinoy and Italian cuisine with a very private ambience. It's quite pricey but we simply miss Malen's and the good ole' times we have had (I also miss Ate because I know she misses Malen's too). Too bad, I left my camera in the car. We went back to SM (for dessert…harhar). Then, Irvin dropped me off at my parents', and I enjoyed my night watching Sports Unlimited in Puerto Princesa, Palawan (I loved the dolphin-watching part), ironing clothes (therapeutic for me…) and reading Pugad Baboy.

Sunday. I woke up to the noise of who else??? When I got up, Nanay scolded Tatay haha! Luckily, and amidst the sweat, I managed to go back to sleep until… "Neng, bangon na. Mainit na!" It's 10:45 AM. I immediately logged in to YM and chatted with Ate. Irvin came just before lunch. We, together with Nanay, went to Nanay Petang's wake. I remember my Tatay, he would always commend Nanay Petang for her motherly support for them especially when Nanay gave birth to Ate and he would always say that we should never forget about her. We always find time to visit her during Christmas or New Year and it's sad that she has now passed away. My family will always owe her a debt of gratitude.

We left the wake at past 3 PM and had merienda at home. It looked like it will rain so we left at around 5 PM to go to Tanza. With Kishie, Bryann, MJ and Nana, we went to SM, ate at KR and went home at 11 PM.

Restful weekend, eh?

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com