Monday, May 19, 2008

the weekend that was may 17-18

As usual, I had a difficulty getting up early. Haaay! Gusto ko pa naman talagang pumasok ng maaga. Last Friday, I was obliged to come to work early because I have a presentation at 8:30. I left home around 6 and I was at the office before 7:30. I enjoyed the early travel with less hassle, smooth traffic and morning sunshine. With that, I promised myself that I'll change my morning habit with starting off early.

Apparently, it did not happen today. Har har! I was muttering "5 minutes pa…" everytime the alarm goes on. Bitin na naman ang weekend, ito pa naman ang favorite part of the week ko. Well, as usual, the weekend was okay with me having a pre-birthday celebration with the Estacions last Saturday. Initially, the plan is that we will dine at Yellow Cab then go to Residence Inn Zoo. (Aside from Kishie, Irvin is interested in the "zoo" part because he heard that there is a new attraction there - a white lion! Personally, I think Irvin was a lion in his past life.) Enald is the spoiler, arriving at home around 4. (Hehe, peace!) It was past 6 when we arrived in Tagaytay, it was also then that the dark cumulu-nimbus clouds started to gather around the area. When I got off the car, brrrrrr! Uber sa lamig! We opted to dine at RSM because it's already dinnertime and knowing Irvin's brothers, pizza and pasta would not suffice. Hehe! We filled our appetite with yummy foods, and after, siyempre photo opps! I heard Irvin mumbling "This is the life" while him, Kishie and I were on the swing. Sayang lang talaga kasi umuulan every now and then, at wala na ding view kasi nga late na.

Pagkababa ng kinain namin sa RSM (mga nasa esophagus na), nag-coffee at muffins naman kami sa Figaro (thank you, Ate Sette!). I am not a coffee person so I settled for a chocolate frost (Tagaytay? Frost? Cool!). Li'l Kishie seems to be in the mood for making "pasikat" that even those in the next table noticed and coaxed her to join them.

I can feel that the Estacion boys do not want to go home yet. Well, if you were in a nice place like Tagaytay and having quality time with your family, who would want to go someplace else?








Para sa Solis naman ang Sunday ko, the bonding isn't as extravagant as with the Estacions, pero happy pa din. There's no place like home talaga, as long as Tatay does not throw in any tantrums. Hehe! I should have helped Nanay with the cooking (it's fiesta) but I woke up late so I just fixed the house and washed Irvin's undies. Irvin accompanied me to Nanay Medoy, my balikbayan aunt, to bring my Nanay's famous kare-kare and to have a little chit chat. Nanay Medoy greeted me with a cute question, "Akala ko buntis ka na?" I answered my usual line, "Mukha lang po." :)

After hearing the mass and having dinner, we went home in Cavite City. While I was ironing clothes, we watched The Pursuit of Happyness. Very touching.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com