Tuesday, May 27, 2008

the newest kid in town

Today is Clyron's birthday. Unfortunately, I cannot take a day off from work today. (Hello, galing na 'ko sa 4-day sick leave!)


I woke up to the sound of my cellphone ringing. It doesn't register any name, so I know it is an overseas call.

Elay: Hello (in a soft bedroom voice).
Norly: Neng, nanganak na Ate mo! Lalake!

Well, that's the best news I've heard for quite some time. Excitement and happiness overcame me, I just fumbled with questions. Normal ba? Kamusta si ate? 'Yung bata? E di May 25 dyan? And I heard Nanay calling me out, I handed her my cellphone. Teary-eyed, she asks Norly basic questions a mother and a grandmother would want to know about her daughter and her new grandchild.

I let out a sigh of relief. Thank you, God!

After a few days, Ate send me the pictures and gave me the details of how she normally delivered an 8.8 lbs-54 cms-baby. Wow! (Can't believe that, either!)

Here he is, my newest nephew, Clarence Ethan.
Clyron's birthday pics...

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com