Monday, June 9, 2008

the weekend that was jun 7-8



Saturday. The rest of my Nanay’s family resides in Naic, some 1-hour drive from my hometown Rosario. I left Cavite City early, towed by Irvin who is going to work, and met Nanay. Nanay’s younger brother, Mama Jun, who is Nanay’s replica (Irvin would always say they are Julio’t Julia Kambal ng Tadhana…uy kapag naka-relate ka, magka-henerasyon tayo) will be leaving for the US today. And Nanay will be preparing pancit luglog, a native cooking enjoyed by my cousins and Mama Jun. We arrived there around 10 AM. While they prepared the food, I played Lucky 9 and Dama with my nephew JRon (pati bata pinatulan, hehe). Lunch time!

Irvin arrived there around 1:30 PM, instant photographer! Here are the pictures of Familia Zaragoza (uy naka-relate ka na naman?).







I left early, I got to catch some beauty rest before leaving for MSSC’s 10th Anniversary party.

Irvin drove me to Sofitel (after meeting Marie at MOA) for the party. Nostalgic moment: Sofitel, formerly Westin, is where CPAR had a testimonial dinner after the October 2002 board. He stayed at MOA and watched Kung Fu Panda while waiting for me. Around 10:30, I asked Irvin to pick me and Marie up. We dropped Marie at Seaside Macapagal.

The party was okay. I hate fine dining, so I did not enjoy the food. The company for the night was great, makukulit siyempre pa! The program was simple, I enjoyed the AVPs, capturing the anniversary’s theme: Harnessing the Power of Human Energy (Naks! Talent. Commitment. Excellence.). I immediately left after the awarding for the pioneer employees, i.e. after the picture taking, of course (papahuli ba ako?!).







Sunday. My 3-week training will start tomorrow so I have to finish the templates to be submitted on work day (WD) 7, that is on Tuesday! I had to work, work and work. I finished the majority of my work before we left for Tagaytay.

Yes, it’s Tagaytay bonding time for the Estacions once again. Irvin and I were late (sorry po) as we were about to watch a magic show at 12:30. Haaay, anyway, this time, we were joined by MJ and Edgie (aka Friendster Boys).

Residence Inn Zoo - 1st stop, first disappointment. We were shocked upon knowing that the entrance has increased from P99 to P199, they said it is a package rate for both Residence Inn and Paradizoo zoos. They haven’t got a rate for Residence Inn only, duh! But at least, there is the (dirty) white lion - laba sa poso. Paradizoo - 2nd stop, 2nd disappointment. It’s quite far from Residence Inn and when we got there, what we saw is just a very vast land space. Well, with some pigs and chicken and dogs (all of ‘em domesticated). All of us did keep each other happy by joking, teasing, punchlining, achuchuchu. We found a FEW (as in) rare finds. Picturetaking siyempre! Pang-friendster e!

Unknown restaurant - 3rd stop, 3rd disappointment? Hehe, joke! Guess we were just missing the ambience from RSM. LOL!

Last stop is Starbucks (ah, eto hindi na disappointment). Irvin and I shared chocolate cream chip frappe. Picturetaking afterwards…cute cute!










0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com